10 Quotes To Inspire You To Tell Your Story
Effective storytelling is vital for your brands success. After all, who doesn't love a good story? Therefore it could be argued that marketing is about mastering the art of storytelling. As the old adage goes, "facts tell, but stories SELL".
Here are our 10 favorite quotes to inspire you to tell your story this year.
1) “Stories are how we learn best. We absorb numbers and facts and details, but we keep them all glued into our heads with stories.”
— Chris Brogan (Media Group)
2) "A story is a trick for sneaking a message into the fortified citadel of the human mind."
— Jonathan Gottschall (Author)
3) "People think in stories, not statistics, and marketers need to be master storytellers."
— Ariana Huffington (Huffington Post)
4) "In order to tell better stories, brands must actually be better stories. Our brave new media world hasn't just put audiences in charge; it has also given them the tools to instantly peel back the curtain on marketing campaigns and look at the substance behind them."
— Jonah Sachs (Author)
5) "People talk in stories, and so must we."
— Luke Sullivan (Author)
6) "Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make but about the stories that you tell."
— Seth Godin (Author)
7) "When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion."
— Dale Carnegie (Author)
8) "Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the room."
— Jeff Bezos (Amazon)
9) "A great brand is a story that’s never completely told. A brand is a metaphorical story that connects with something very deep – a fundamental appreciation of mythology. Stories create the emotional context people need to locate themselves in a larger experience."
— Scott Bedbury (Nike)
10) "Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here."
— Sue Monk Kidd (Author)