20 Most Important Video Marketing Statistics for 2018
As Seth Godin once said, “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but the stories you tell.” Indeed, 2018 is shaping up to be the most exciting year yet when it comes to video marketing and storytelling, so we've compiled the 20 most important video marketing statistics you NEED TO KNOW heading into the new year.
1) 64% of consumers purchase after watching branded social videos (Tubular Insights)
We could probably end this list right here! This is staggering... brand all of your videos.
2) Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts (Social Media Today)
Our internal results show this to be much higher... around 850% higher. Test this yourself.
3) Top three most effective types of video content: Customer testimonials (51%); Tutorial videos (50%); Demonstration videos (49%) (Curata)
Video story telling can be done in many ways, be creative and allow your community to be a part of your brand story.
4) Where do consumers engage with branded videos daily? 49% on Facebook, 32% on YouTube, 24% on Instagram, 22% on Snapchat, and 22% on Twitter. (Tubular Insights)
Facebook and YouTube are still the winners, however if your videos are based around an event we recommend using Twitter. Events using Congo receive over 500% increase in engagement with their branded video.
5) Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (SmallBizTrends)
Search algorithms prioritize video metadata, so make sure you create accurate and enticing titles, tags and descriptions for your content.
6) Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz)
When watching a video you engage TWO of your senses rather than one.
7) 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process (Hubspot)
One of the first things I do when visiting a new website or look online for a product is search for a related video. Do you behave in the same way?
8) 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch video (Digital Information World)
Similar to the statistic above, but we included this to make a distinction of the Senior Executive. If you're selling products to business leaders, make sure you use video to help close the sale.
10) Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (SmallBizTrends)
Hard to ignore this one... make sure your social video is engaging and fun or filled with information and knowledge.
11) Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Unbounce)
Short video is the key here as the next statistic will prove. Keep it under two minutes folks.
12) 5% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% will stop watching by 2 minutes. (Video Guru)
The good news is that video under 1 minute will keep 95% of your viewers hooked till the end. This is vital if you want to include a post-roll call to action video to your content.
13) Views of sponsored video content jumped 256% since 2016 (Tubular Insights)
This is huge! By boosting your content as paid advertising you will enjoy a 256% increase in video views. We love how easy Facebook/Instagram makes this.
14) Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates (Hubspot)
We've found how-to videos and explainers work particularly well in email.
15) 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others (RendrFx)
Its important to note that people share videos that they find either entertaining, knowledgeable or if they believe their network will benefit from knowing the information.
16) Video has become a must-have for savvy marketers. Of those at companies that have created at least two videos in the last year, 48% create 4+ videos every month and 27% create 6+ videos every month. (Tubular Insights)
These numbers are growing as video proves to be effective. At Congo we say create and distribute as many videos as you can. We help make it easy :)
17) 76% of people say they would share a branded video with their friends if it was entertaining. (WYZOWL)
Lesson: Don't create boring content! Here is some ideas on how to build your brand with engaging content.
18) By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic (SmallBizTrends)
This is BIG! Pay attention and in case you've missed the hint. Make sure video is a big part of your marketing strategy in 2018.
19) 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Hubspot)
Year over year this statistic is increasing and I believe it will continue to trend up in 2018. Why? Because if all the statistics above are true... video is clearly the king of marketing.
20) Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle)
To end our list we remind you that if you sell a product or service, make sure you're using video to show it off.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the 20 Most Important Video Marketing Statistics for 2018. Congo is the fastest and easiest way to brand your video content. If you haven't already got an account, start your FREE trial today.